aluminium

Anodising for the final outcome

I spent quite a few hours sawing and filing this piece also, the anodising and dyeing actually went really well, the colour is amazing. Unfortunately whilst trying to remove some scratches before the anodising process I managed to make the surface uneven and so I won’t be using it, I’ll be putting this on my list of lessons learnt!

Advertisements

Aluminium

This is the first little test piece I managed to dye yesterday to see if the anodisation had worked and it was a success! I only put it in the dye for a couple of minutes but it has gone bright orange.