So I finally got at least one necklace finished off in time!! I’m not 100% happy with it as I struggled to get it constructed in time as I was using many processes which are new to me. I have put so much energy and hard work into this, it’s always a little disappointing when the end result doesn’t look as good as you would like, however I’m happy I got it finished and it does look like my original designs. I’m now ready to take all that I have learnt onto the next exciting jewellery project!
Unfortunately I had to make a decision to leave the resin necklaces for now. I have had so many problems with the resin that I just do not have the time to figure out in time for this project. I still plan to develop them further after my deadline as I think they have the potential to look really great.
So I have been flat out trying to get the construction of my necklace made and it’s been quite a struggle, I have had many issue’s which have meant I have had to rethink things and try and problem solve, all very good for my future skills but quite frustrating right now! I was almost finished and then I used acetone to get a mark off the acrylic but used too much and it ruined the acrylic meaning I had to start a big part of it all over again!
I spent quite a few hours sawing and filing this piece also, the anodising and dyeing actually went really well, the colour is amazing. Unfortunately whilst trying to remove some scratches before the anodising process I managed to make the surface uneven and so I won’t be using it, I’ll be putting this on my list of lessons learnt!
I’ve spent the last few hours sawing out the shape for the backing of the pendant and filing it to, hopefully, fit the shape exactly, which is an incredibly painstaking job. My arms hurt, my hands hurt, my eyes hurt BUT its looking good so far. Fingers crossed things are finally starting to go right!
I’ve been trying out press and peel paper as a resist to etch a precise looking chemical formula on to some copper which will be used on the necklace, the formula is for the nitrile rubber I will also be using. The press and peel paper is not as great as I was hoping it would be but I still got some pretty good results.